What type of personal information we collect
The Modern Careerist undertakes to collect your personal information only where it is necessary for the purposes of marketing our products and where requested distributing newsletters, licensing our products, updating our products, and responding to sales and technical queries.
In most circumstances this information will be limited to your contact details, including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, company, company ABN, company address, your job title and phone numbers. Where orders are made online using credit card details, all information is securely transmitted in an encrypted format via Paypal to The Modern Careerist.
When do we collect personal information
The Modern Careerist collects personal information when you complete one of the following actions:
- Order products from The Modern Careerist;
- Lodge a technical support query regarding The Modern Careerist products or services;
- Participate in The Modern Careerist promotional activities or surveys;
- Where you forward information to us in an email or as a hard copy document; and
- Other circumstances where collecting personal information is reasonable and permitted by the Laws of the State of South Australia, Australia.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show your ads on sites on the internet.
How we manage personal information
The Modern Careerist undertakes to take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information collected by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete and stored securely.
When your personal information is no longer required for the purposes which The Modern Careerist uses personal information, all commercially reasonable steps will be undertaken to securely destroy that information.
How will your personal information be used
The Modern Careerist may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- Marketing The Modern Careerist products;
- Fulfilling orders for The Modern Careerist products;
- Updating The Modern Careerist products;
- Responding to enquiries about The Modern Careerist products; and
- Fulfil all legal requirements of The Modern Careerist with respect to your personal information.
The Modern Careerist considers personal information we collect about you to be confidential and will not disclose such information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to your personal information being provided to a third party;
- Where The Modern Careerist is required by law to disclose your information; and
- Where The Modern Careerist discloses personal information to the related entities of The Modern Careerist.
- Gaining access to your personal information held by The Modern Careerist
Except in circumstances where access to your personal information may be denied by the Privacy Act or other Law of the State of South Australia, Australia, your personal information will be provided to you upon request to The Modern Careerist Privacy Officer. Please find contact details for our Privacy Officer below.
Correcting your personal information held by The Modern Careerist
The Modern Careerist appreciates you informing us if you have reason to believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or not updated.
Privacy office contact details
Should you have any queries in relation to the above or require further information regarding The Modern Careerist’s collection, use and storage of your personal information please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org